Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

After 5 Years, A Recap and Tinkering on the Budget

After 5 years of living on the road, our average monthly cost has been:
These things have a notion of taking on a life of their own.  I use this to let me see if I am generally on the mark and to see if something is getting away from us.  I have declined to show what our income is but this level of spending is something that we can sustain.

Since we don't see any drastic changes coming in Year 6, we will continue on with this.

Year 5 "Budget"
I say 'budget' because my spreadsheet is really a planning tool and not something that we in a legalistic way.  Sometimes, we spend more than we have in the budget.  But we usually catch up over the course of the 12 months.

New Budget for Year 6
On Year 5, I decided to see if we could cut back a little bit and it didn't happen.  Barring some major repair in Year 6, I thing we will be able to live comfortably with the $4100.  Our first 5 years have averaged out over that amount by $150 or so a month but I am OK with that.

I post this mainly for my own check point.  And at some time, I think I may publish an ebook of our travels for each year and I want this entry to tell that part of the story a little more clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment